Monday, December 17, 2012

What kind of a house could you buy today with $400,000?

I found this article in the Globe and Mail today.  It's interesting to see what $400K will buy you around the country. I work and live in Guelph, ON.,  and I believe $400K will buy you a nice, 1500 square foot home in a decent subdivision, with 3/4 bedrooms. The average home price in the area is about $385K and you can still buy a detached house in Guelph for that!

What kind of a house could you buy today with $400,000?: The Globe's personal finance team found some beautiful properties for this price. But don't expect to live in Toronto or Vancouver.

I'd love to hear your comments on what you think $400K can buy in your city.  Please e-mail me or post your comment below.

Sandra
e-mail: Lastovic.s@mortgagecentre.com

1 comment:

Candice said...

If I thought I could get a $400,000 mortgage I would look to some of these nice homes in Guelph. Unfortunately, that's just not in my immediate future.

If anything I would need to look at condos to meet my financial abilities. Lucky for me, Guelph has lots of great condos being built right in downtown, my favourite neighbourhood.