Thursday, November 8, 2012

Can you be "Randomly Kind"?

I'm looking forward to this Friday, November 9 for many reasons. Like most, I love Friday's because it's the start of the weekend.  But this Friday, The Mortgage Centre, Guelph and I are participating in Guelph's annual "Randon Acts of Kindness" Day. Don't stop ready just yet, I'm not going to sell or pitch you anything! :)

I've found that being "randomly kind" lifts my attitude, my spirits and the spirits of the person I'm being kind to. It reminds me of an event I was invited to yesterday, as a "expert panelist". The great networking event was hosted by the Workforce Planning Board, which is a community directed, non-profit corporation that helps people find jobs. I met so many highly skilled immigrants and others who where looking for advice on how to find a good job. I was saddened by the fact that many had difficulty finding work in Canada because of several issues that the Canadian market place presented. I'm hoping to help a few folks that I met yesterday get better connected in the community (that's me being randomly kind).

If you've read to here...do something randomly kind for someone today!

I'd love to hear your stories and successes...please contact me at 519-763-3900 ext. 1001 or through e-mail at lastovic.s@mortgagecentre.com.

 

No comments: