Thursday, March 8, 2012

Women and money...do I dare say more?

Women (I've read) make better money managers and investors than men. They tell us we're more likely to collaborate, share ideas and not let ego in the way of investing. How does this differ from how men invest? We're more likely to do the research and make investment decisions on rational, objective terms rather than emotional.

On the debt and budgeting side, I see single women, and those in relationships, often managing their family's budget and expenses.

Have women come along way in managing money? I don't think we have, even though many women in families make more money than their spouses.  When I meet with clients to do mortgage planning sessions, most men still do the talking. Why? Is it ego or a lack of financial self-esteem?

No comments: